Policies & Billing
Please Bring Your Insurance Card
We will submit a claim to all primary and secondary insurances. Please remember to bring your current insurance cards to your appointment. Once your insurance company has processed your claim, we will bill you for the remaining balance. Payments are expected upon receipt of your statement. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Cash, Checks, Debit Cards and Money Orders.
You should contact your insurance company as soon as possible after your child has been born. Most health plans allow 30 days to add your newborn to your insurance plan. If you have coverage through OMAP, you MUST contact your case worker immediately. Your case worker will provide you with a temporary identification card. If you are unable to provide proof of insurance after your baby’s two week appointment, we will charge you in full for services rendered.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call at least 24 hours in advance to cancel.
- Appointments canceled less than 2 hours to the scheduled appointment time will be charged a $25.00 no show fee.
- Co-payments are due at the time of service. If you do not pay your co-pay at the time of service, your account will be charged an additional $10.00.
- Patient visits at Westside Pediatric Clinic, P.C. are by appointment only. Every sibling will need to have an appointment in order to be seen by the doctor.
If You Are Uninsured
If you are uninsured, or if we are unable to verify coverage, we require a $100.00 payment at your first visit which will be applied to your charges. If charges exceed the $100.00 we will send you a statement.
Westside Pediatric Clinic, P.C. offers a discount at the time of visit for uninsured patients. We offer a 20% discount on physician’s services.
Physicians must follow accepted national guidelines when determining what your charges (level of service) will be. They must code your visit based upon what services were provided and cannot take into account particular health plan benefit designs. Consequently we are unable to switch the diagnosis and reason for the visit in order for a claim to be covered by your insurance. If you think there is an error on your account, please contact the billing office immediately. We will review your concern with the physician and let you know the outcome.
Links to major Insurances we contract with:
- Aetna: www.aetna.com
- BlueCross BlueShield PPO: www.or.regence.com
- Care Oregon: www.careoregon.org
- Cigna: www.cigna.com/consumer/index.html
- Great West Care/One Health Plan: www.onehealthplan.com
- Health Net: www.healthnet.com
- Lifewise: www.lifewisehealth.com
- Managed Healthcare Northwest (MHN): www.mhninc.com
- ODS: www.odscompanies.com/index.shtml
- PacifiCare: www.pacificare.com
- PacificSource: www.pacificsource.com/for_prov.html
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS): www.phcs.com
- Providence Health Plans: www.providence.org/home/default.htm
- Providence Preferred: www.providence.org/home/default.htm
- Regence: www.or.regence.com
- Tricare: www.healthnetfederalservices.com
- United Health Care: www.unitedhealthcare.com